Building on concepts introduced in Architecting on AWS, Advanced Architecting on AWS is intended for students who are experienced with designing scalable and elastic applications on the AWS platform. Building on concepts introduced in Architecting on AWS, this course covers how to build complex solutions which incorporate data services, governance, and security on AWS. This course introduces specialized AWS services, including AWS Direct Connect and AWS Storage Gateway to support Hybrid architecture. It also covers designing best practices for building scalable, elastic, secure, and highly available applications on AWS.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Courses
Click Here to Request It.
AWS-ARCHIT – Architecting on AWS
This course shows the students the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. Students will learn how to optimize the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how they fit into cloud-based solutions. Students will explore best practices and design patterns to help architect optimal IT solutions on AWS, then build and explore a variety of infrastructures through guided, hands-on activity. Students will learn how to create fledgling architectures and build them into robust and adaptive solutions.
Students will learn how to:
• Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
• Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
• Leverage AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
• Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs
• Use the Well Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions
AWS-BIGDAT – Big Data on AWS
Big Data on AWS introduces students to cloud-based big data solutions such as Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis and the rest of the AWS big data platform. In this course, students will learn how to use Amazon EMR to process data using the broad ecosystem of Hadoop tools like Hive and Hue. Students will also learn how to create big data environments, work with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Athena and Amazon Kinesis, and leverage best practices to design big data environments for security and cost-effectiveness.
AWS-BUSESS – AWS Business Essentials
In this course, students will learn the benefits of cloud computing and how a cloud strategy can help meet their business objectives. This course explores the advantages of cloud computing for business and the fundamentals of AWS, including financial benefits. This course also introduces compliance and security concepts to help students consider the AWS platform within cloud computing strategy.
Students will learn how to:
- Identify the value and advantages of the AWS Cloud
- Recognize the valuable ways that the AWS platform can be used
- Understand the robust security capabilities, controls, and assurances in place to maintain data and network security
- Articulate the financial impact the AWS Cloud can have on an organizations cost management, while minimizing the risks associated with consumption-based pricing models
AWS-CERSAA – Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam validates technical expertise in designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS. In this half-day, intermediate-level workshop, students will learn how to prepare for the exam by exploring the exam topic areas and how they map to architecting on AWS and to specific areas to study. The workshop reviews sample exam questions in each topic area and teaches students how to interpret the concepts being tested so that students can more easily eliminate incorrect responses.
Note: There are no technical lab exercises in this workshop.
AWS-CERSOA – Exam Readiness: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
The AWS Certifed SysOps Administrator – Associate exam validates technical expertise in deployment, management, security, and operations on the AWS platform. Join this half-day, intermediate-level bootcamp to learn how to prepare for the exam by exploring the exam’s topic areas and how they map to SysOps on AWS and to specific areas to study. The bootcamp reviews sample exam questions in each topic area and teaches students how to interpret the concepts being tested so that they can more easily eliminate incorrect responses.
AWS-CRSAPR – Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional exam validates advanced technical skills and experience in designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform. Students with an AWS Certified Solutions Architect associate level certification and two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS should join this advanced full-day workshop to learn how to prepare and succeed in the exam. This course will prepare students for the exam by exploring the exam topic areas, how they map to architecting on AWS and mapping them to specific areas to study. Students will review sample exam questions in each topic area, teaching how to interpret the concepts being tested so that they can better eliminate incorrect responses.
Note: There are no technical lab exercises in this course.
AWS-D-LAKE – Building a Serverless Data Lake
Building a Serverless Data Lake is a one-day, advanced-level bootcamp designed to teach student how to design, build, and operate a serverless data lake solution with AWS services. The bootcamp will include topics such as ingesting data from any data source at large scale, storing the data securely and durably, enabling the capability to use the right tool to process large volumes of data, and understanding the options available for analyzing the data in near-real time.
AWS-DBDWOA – Data Warehousing on AWS
Data Warehousing on AWS introduces students to concepts, strategies, and best practices for designing a cloud-based data warehousing solution using Amazon Redshift, the petabyte-scale data warehouse in AWS. This course demonstrates how to collect, store, and prepare data for the data warehouse by using other AWS services such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis, and Amazon S3. Additionally, this course demonstrates how to use Amazon QuickSight to perform analysis on data.
AWS-DEVOPS – DevOps Engineering on AWS
In this course, students will learn the most common DevOps patterns to develop, deploy, and maintain applications on the AWS platform. Students will explore the core principles of the DevOps methodology and examine a number of use cases applicable to startup, small- to medium-sized business, and enterprise development scenarios. Students will learn how to:
- Use the principal concepts and practices behind the DevOps methodology
- Design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports one or more DevOps development projects
- Use AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project
- Use AWS CodeCommit and AWS CodeBuild to understand the array of options for enabling a continuous integration (CI) environment on AWS
- Use AWS CodePipeline to design and implement a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline on AWS
- Use AWS CodeStar to manage all software development activities in one place
- Implement several common continuous deployment (CD) use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing
- Distinguish between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS, including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS OpsWorks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), and Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), and decide which technology best fits a given scenario
- Use Amazon EC2 Systems Manager for patch management
- Leverage automated testing in different stages of a CI/CD pipeline
- Fine-tune the applications you deliver on AWS for high performance, and use AWS tools and technologies to monitor your application and environment for potential issues