This course allows students to expand their skills and distinguish themselves as a Tableau power user. Students will learn how to build advanced chart types and visualizations, as well as complex calculations to manipulate their data. This course is designed for students who want to take their understanding up a level and implement statistical techniques, advanced geographical mapping techniques, and build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics and best visualization practices.
Click here for the virtual classroom format of this course.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1460 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Creating and connecting to data sources
- Defining subsets of your data
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Advanced table calculations
- Creating and using parameters
- Data extracts
- Comparing measures
- Tableau geocoding
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Dashboards and stories
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Build more complex chart types and visualizations
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
- Prep your data for analysis
- Combine data sources using data blending
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks
This course is designed for those who have solid working experience with Tableau and want to become a Tableau power user.
TABD01G - Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or equivalent experience
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver courses through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.