This course allows students to build a solid foundation in Tableau, regardless of technical or analytical background. Students will learn how to navigate the interface and examine the core concepts and techniques in Tableau. Students will explore how to create simple and complex visualizations and how to combine them in interactive dashboards. At the end of the course, students will be able to understand Tableau technology, along with how to easily connect to their data through the interface and create powerful visualizations. Students will create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
Click here for the virtual classroom format of this course.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1460 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data
- Edit and save a data source
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
• Cross tabs
• Geographic maps
• Heat maps
• Tree maps
• Pie charts and bar charts
• Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
• Highlight Tables
• Scatter Plots
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
This course is designed for beginner Tableau users.
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver courses through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.