This module focuses on IBM Planning Analytics (TM1)'s scripting/ETL engine - Turbo Integrator. Using this tool students will build a planning model from scratch using a variety of data sources, and create processes to perform common maintenance tasks such as creating subsets, loading cubes with external data and maintaining reporting cubes.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Unit 1 – Overview of Turbo Integrator
- Turbo Integrator Basics
- Common Uses of Turbo Integrator
- Unit 2 – Building Dimensions with Turbo Integrator
- A Simple Dimension
- Modifying The TI Script
- Dimensions with Multiple Hierarchies
- Handling Changes Over Time
- Dimensions from a Parent/Child Source
- Dimensions From a File
- Unit 3 – Using the Turbo Integrator Script
- Creating a Utility Process
- Loading a Cube Data
- Creating a Reporting Cube
- Unit 4 – Additional Turbo Integrator Functions
- Create Views Dynamically
- Export a Cube to a SQL Table
- Calling an External Script
This course is for users building dimensions and loading cubes from external sources or involved in requirements gathering/design for a TM1 project
- N0PF0 – IBM Planning Analytics/Cognos TM1 Fundamentals or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using the Windows operating system and a Web browser
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.