In this course, students will be introduced to the functions of web authoring in Tableau Online and Tableau Server. Students will learn the skills needed to create, edit, and interact with basic worksheets that use previously-published data sources. This course is designed for the beginner Tableau Online or Tableau Server user with no previous experience or training on Tableau Desktop. It is for anyone who works with data—regardless of technical or analytical background.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate the Tableau Online and Tableau Server user interface
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Interact with existing Tableau workbooks and create custom views
- Tag content, subscribe to views, and export views
- Connect to previously-published data sources
- Create and edit workbooks in the web authoring environment
- Use filters and sorting to customize data views
- Work with date fields in Tableau
- Explore and create common visualization types, including crosstabs, geographic maps, bar charts, line graphs, heat maps, highlight tables, combined axis charts, and scatter plots
- Create dashboards
- Use reference lines and built-in analytics to highlight important elements of your data
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom calculations and ratios, and quick table calculations
Course Duration: Delivered over 3 days of 2.5 hour virtual sessions or 1 day on-site.