This course is designed to provide student with the tools and knowledge of how to prepare and shape data in Tableau Prep. It’s best suited for students who have 3-6 months experience in Tableau Desktop and are somewhat familiar with writing calculations. Throughout the course, instructor will take you from conceptual data preparation material to creating useful Tableau Prep flows that can be output to Tableau Desktop for analysis.
Click here for the virtual classroom format of this course.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1830 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Introduction to the workspace
- Introduction to the workflow
- Data literacy concepts
- Connecting to and configuring data
- Exploring data
- Cleaning data
- Preferred data structures in Tableau
- Shaping data
- Combining data
- Opening a data sample and creating an output file
- Best practices for data preparation
- Complex flows
- Starting with a question
- Hands-on data preparation
At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what data works best with Tableau Desktop and how to shape and clean it appropriately to get maximum flexibility from Tableau Desktop
- Learn how Tableau Prep folds into the analytic cycle, and when to prep data in Tableau Prep vs. Tableau Desktop
- Understand the terminology used in Tableau Prep
- Know how Tableau Prep approaches data sampling
- Create and understand data prep flows that address common scenarios encountered in data preparation, as applied to common data use cases
- Know how to view data prepared in Tableau Prep using Tableau Desktop
- Understand data exploration and validation in Tableau Prep and Tableau Desktop
This course is for students who have 3-6 months experience in Tableau Desktop and are somewhat familiar with writing calculations.
- 3-6 months of Tableau Desktop experience
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver courses through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.