This course allows students to build a solid foundation in Tableau, regardless of technical or analytical background. Students will learn how to navigate the interface and examine the core concepts and techniques in Tableau. Students will explore how to create simple and complex visualizations and how to combine them in interactive dashboards. At the end of the course, students will be able to understand Tableau technology, along with how to easily connect to their data through the interface and create powerful visualizations. Students will create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
Duration: Depending on your particular class, it will either run 2.5 hours daily instruction for five days or 3 hours daily instruction over four days.
Course Length: 5 day(s)
Course Price: $1830 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data
- Edit and save a data source
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
• Cross tabs
• Geographic maps
• Heat maps
• Tree maps
• Pie charts and bar charts
• Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
• Highlight Tables
• Scatter Plots
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
This course is designed for beginner Tableau users.
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples.
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.