IBM Planning Analytics/Cognos TM1: Create Scorecards teaches scorecard developers how to create scorecarding solutions in TM1. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, students will learn how to create all of the necessary scorecarding objects such as metrics cubes, diagrams, and maps, deploy the solution to the Web for end-user consumption, and create an engaging dashboard presentation for the solution.
Please note: This training was developed using IBM Cognos TM1 10.2 but is applicable to both IBM Cognos TM1 v10.2 and IBM Planning Analytics.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $785 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
Introduction to Scorecarding in IBM Cognos TM1
- explain the purpose of scorecarding
- identify TM1 components and objects used for scorecarding
- explain the process of creating a scorecarding solution in TM1
Create a Metrics Cube
- create a new TM1 server
- create dimensions manually or by importing
- create and populate a metrics cube
Visualize Relationships using Diagrams and Maps
- edit an impact diagram
- create a strategy map
- create a custom diagram
Make Scorecards Available
- create and deploy a scorecarding application
- apply security to a scorecarding application
- create a dashboard layout for a scorecarding application
- publish the layout to make it available to users
Link Cubes Together
- create links to share data between cubes
- enable drill-through so users can view detailed data linked in from source cubes
This intermediate course is for Scorecard Developers.
You should have:
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using the Windows operating system and a Web browser
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.