This module also includes an introduction to pages, dashboard, and portal tabs.
You must be a registered/logged in user to have an ability to manage your wishlist. Register/login here.
This module teaches students the fundamentals of Report Studio: a powerful web-based tool in Cognos BI v10.2.2 designed for professional report authors who need a higher level of control over the functionality and formatting of their reports.
Focusing on relationally-modeled data, students will be introduced to Lists, Crosstabs and Charts as well as interactive features such as prompts and report-to-report drill through. During the course, students will also learn how to add advanced formatting to the objects in their reports and apply conditional styles and rendering.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1400 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Report Studio
- What is Report Studio?
- Report Studio Layout
- Building a List Report
- Adding Items to the Report
- Grouping and Group Spans
- Adding a Summary Calculation
- Formatting Items in the Report
- Adding a Title to the Report
- Saving and Running the Report
- Filtering a List Report
- Adding a Subject to the Report
- Removing a Column
- Adding Additional Data Items to the Report
- Sorting the List
- Modify the Expression of a Data Item
- Adding List Headers and Footers
- Filtering the Report
- Prompting a Report
- Turn on Auto Summary for Groups
- Rename a Column Header
- Copy Formatting Using the Eyedropper Tool
- Creating a Prompt Page
- Using a Layout Calculation
- Set the Number of Rows per Page
- Simple Page Breaks
- Simple Crosstabs
- Building a Simple Crosstab
- Format Measures in a Crosstab
- Swap Rows and Columns
- Creating Advanced Crosstabs
- Nesting Items in a Crosstab
- Stacking Items in a Crosstab
- Creating an Asymmetric Crosstab
- Additional List Features
- Using Tables for Layout
- Pivoting a List to a Crosstab
- Creating Sections
- Changing the Summary Label
- Handling No Data
- Add Calculations to Reports
- Cascading Prompts
- Adding a Search Prompt
- Adding a Calculation
- Applying Conditional Styles
- Sharing Layout Components
- Add Charts to Reports
- Sharing a Query betweenReport Objects
- Setting Chart Properties
- Adding Pages to a Report
- Additional Chart Properties
- Include a Calculation in a Chart
- Additional Formatting Options
- Add Chart Trendlines & Baselines
- Conditionally Format a Chart
- Apply Table Styles
- Additional Formatting Options
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Apply Conditional Rendering
- Unlocking Report Objects
- Drill Through Reports
- Drill Through Report to Report
- Creating a Dashboard
- Alternating Row Colours
This course is intended for professional report authors.
- Knowledge of their business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows and Web functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by reaching out to us directly at email@example.com. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate individuals with different availabilities.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.