This module covers the fundamentals of IBM Planning Analytics (TM1), and introduces students to the essential objects, concepts and techniques required to build and maintain models. The class attendees will learn about dimensions, hierarchies, levels, elements, attributes, processes and chores before exploring an existing model. Students will then build multiple dimensions & cubes of their own both manually and programmatically from a variety of data sources and load the cubes with data.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Unit 1 – Overview of OLAP & TM1
- What is OLAP?
- How is TM1 Special?
- What is TM1 Ideal For?
- OLAP and TM1 Terminology
- How to Pivot, Nest, Filter, Drill, and Zero Suppress
- Unit 2 – Building our First Model
- Building Dimensions Manually
- Using Turbo Integrator to Build Dimensions
- Creating Alternate Hierarchies
- How the Weight Attribute Works
- Creating a String Element
- Unit 3 – Building and Loading Cubes
- How to Build a TM1 Cube
- How to Load a TM1 Cube with Turbo Integrator
- What Cube Rules Are
- Unit 4 – Interacting with TM1 (Optional)
- Dimensions Subsets
- Cube Views
- Spreading and Sandboxes
- Slices & Active Forms
This course is for new users of IBM Planning Analytics/Cognos TM1
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.