Update your SQL Server skills with this introduction to the new features of SQL Server 2016. You will learn the new features for performance, security, availability and scalability, reporting and Power BI, data access, and SQL Server OLAP, and you’ll learn about new SQL Server cloud functionality.
Course Length: 3 day(s)
Course Price: $2295 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
1. Introduction to SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
2. What’s New in SQL Server Performance
- Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- The Query Data Store
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
3. What’s New in SQL Server Security?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
4. What’s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What’s New with tempdb?Using Windows Server 2016
- PowerShell 5.0
5. What’s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI?
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
- Mobile Report Publisher
6. What’s New in SQL Server Data Access?
- Enhancements to Integration Services
- Working with SSIS and Azure
7. New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What’s New in SQL Server Analysis Services
8. What’s New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What’s New in SQL Server Azure Database
- Database professionals with experience in SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016.
- Those holding MCSA: SQL Server certification who want to prepare for the upcoming upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
In addition to your professional experience, you should have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Instructor-Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver courses through the use of in-class training facilities. Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples. ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.