This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, whether they are administrators, developers, or database administrators. This course also provides the prerequisite knowledge for students wishing to attend Course 20532D: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, or Course 20533D: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
During this course, students will be introduced to the principles of cloud computing and will become familiar how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. Students will walk through the process of implementing the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage and learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure virtual machines (VMs), Web Apps, and SQL Databases. Students will conclude the course by describing features of Azure AD and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1545 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
1. Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
- What is Cloud Computing
- What is Azure
- Managing Azure
- Subscription Management and Billing
2. Microsoft Azure management tools
- What is Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
3. Virtual Machines in Microsoft Azure
- Create and Configure Virtual Machines
- Configure Azure VM in Azure
4. Azure Web Apps
- Creating and configuring Azure web apps
- Deploying and Monitoring web apps
5. Implementing Azure networking
- Getting started with Azure networking
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancer
6. Introduction Azure Storage and Data Services
- Understanding Azure Storage options
- Creating and managing storage
- Understanding options for relational database deployments
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
7. Introduction to containers and serverless computing in Azure
- Implementing Windows and Linux containers in Azure
- Introduction to Azure serverless computing
8. Configuring and Managing Azure Active Directory (AD)
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD Authentication
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who want to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host websites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases.
Before attending this course, students must have a background in IT. In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Understanding of how to deploy websites
- A basic understanding of virtualization
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, users, and domain controllers
- A basic understanding of database concepts, including tables and simple queries
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.