This course enables students to acquire the skills necessary to use the Information Governance Catalog to analyze metadata stored within the Information Server Repository. The emphasis is on how metadata gets captured within the repository and how to explore and analyze the metadata it contains.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $880 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
1: Introduction to the Information Governance Catalog Metadata
- Describe and list examples of metadata
- Describe the purpose and uses of the Information Governance Catalog
- List the main functional categories of the Information Governance Catalog
- Describe the IBM Information Server environment and how the Information Governance Catalog is part of it
- Describe the metadata management role of the Information Governance Catalog within Information Server
2: Exploring the Information Governance Catalog
- Log into the Information Governance Catalog
- Describe how metadata is organized with the Information Server Repository
- Navigate around the Information Governance Catalog
- Explore the types of metadata assets that can be viewed and analyzed in the Information Governance Catalog
3: Capturing metadata assets
- Use Metadata Asset Manager to capture metadata for ODBC data resources, logical models, and BI reports
- Describe DataStage captured metadata, including sequential files and DataStage jobs and job sequences
- Describe how DataStage operational metadata is generated
- Capture DataStage operational metadata
4: Search and query
- Explore the metadata hierarchy of assets
- Use the Find capabilities of the Information Governance Catalog
- Create and execute queries
5: Data lineage
- Generate an impact analysis graph
- Generate a data lineage graph
- Solve problems using impact analysis and lineage graphs
6: Enhancing lineage through extended mappings
- Create extended data assets
- Create extended mappings
- Create a data lineage report involving extended data assets
- Generate business lineage report
7: Open Governance Catalog
- Describe Open Governance Catalog and its benefits
- Define new (custom) asset types using the Open Governance Catalog REST API
- Import new (custom) asset types
- Display the flow of data through the new asset type
- Governing and benefiting from new asset types
This is a basic course for those who will be using IGC to explore and analyze metadata stored within the Information Server Repository.
Those taking this course should have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. Familiarity with Information Server products is desirable but not required.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.