IBM Open Platform (IOP) with Apache Hadoop is the first premiere collaborative platform to enable Big Data solutions to be developed on the common set of Apache Hadoop technologies. The Open Data Platform initiative (ODP) is a shared industry effort focused on promoting and advancing the state of Apache Hadoop and Big Data technologies for the enterprise. The current ecosystem is challenged and slowed by fragmented and duplicated efforts between different groups. The ODP Core will take the guesswork out of the process and accelerate many use cases by running on a common platform. It allows enterprises to focus on building business driven applications.
This module provides an in-depth introduction to the main components of the ODP core --namely Apache Hadoop (inclusive of HDFS, YARN, and MapReduce) and Apache Ambari -- as well as providing a treatment of the main open-source components that are generally made available with the ODP core in a production Hadoop cluster.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $750 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Unit 1: IBM Open Platform with Apache Hadoop
- Exploring the HDFS
Unit 2: Apache Ambari
- Exercise: Managing Hadoop clusters with Apache Ambari
Unit 3: Hadoop Distributed File System
- Exercise: File access and basic commands with HDFS
Unit 4: MapReduce and Yarn
- Introduction to MapReduce based on MR1
- Limitations of MR1
- YARN and MR2
- Exercise: Creating and coding a simple MapReduce job
Unit 5: Apache Spark
- Exercise: Working with Spark's RDD to a Spark job
Unit 6: Coordination, management, and governance
- Exercise: Apache ZooKeeper, Apache Slider, Apache Knox
Unit 7: Data Movement
- Exercise: Moving data into Hadoop with Flume and Sqoop
Unit 8: Storing and Accessing Data
- Representing Data: CSV, XML, JSON, and YAML
- Open Source Programming Languages: Pig, Hive, and Other [R, Python, etc]
- NoSQL Concepts
- Accessing Hadoop data using Hive
- Exercise: Performing CRUD operations using the HBase shell
- Querying Hadoop data using Hive
- Exercise: Using Hive to Access Hadoop / HBase Data
Unit 9: Advanced Topics
- Controlling job workflows with Oozie
- Search using Apache Solr
This intermediate training course is for those who want a foundation of IBM BigInsights. This includes: Big data engineers, data scientist, developers or programmers, administrators who are interested in learning about IBM's Open Platform with Apache Hadoop.
None, however, knowledge of Linux would be beneficial.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.