This course teaches basic and advanced, database administrative tasks using DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. Students will learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to plan a redirected database restore to relocate either selected table spaces or an entire database. The REBUILD option of RESTORE, which can build a database copy with a subset of the tablespaces, will be discussed.
Course Length: 4 day(s)
Course Price: $3335 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Overview of DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Command Line Processor (CLP) and GUI Usage
- The DB2 Environment
- Creating Databases and Data Placement
- Creating Database Objects
- Moving Data
- Backup and Recovery
- Locks and Concurrency
- Database Maintenance, Monitoring and Problem Determination
- Database Rebuild Support
- DB2 Database and Table Space Relocation
- Using Explain Tools
- Using Indexes for Performance
- Advanced Monitoring
This is an intermediate course for experienced DBAs and technical individuals, with experience on other relational database platforms, who plan, implement, and maintain DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows databases.
- Knowledge of basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, commands etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and the ability to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Knowledge of basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and join
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities. Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.