This course teaches basic database administrative tasks using DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. These tasks include creating and populating databases and implementing a logical design to support recovery requirements. The access strategies selected by the DB2 Optimizer will be examined using the DB2 Explain tools.Various diagnostic methods will be presented, including using the db2diag.log file messages to direct your investigation of problems, as well as using the db2pd commands.
Course Length: 4 day(s)
Course Price: $3335 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Overview of DB2 on Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Command Line Processor (CLP) and GUI usage
- The DB2 Database Manager Instance
- Creating databases and data placement
- Creating database objects
- Moving data
- Backup and recovery
- Database Maintenance, Monitoring and Problem Determination
- Locking and concurrency
This intermediate course is for system administrators, database administrators, and technical personnel involved in planning, implementing, and maintaining DB2 databases.
You should be able to:
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL), and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities. Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.