This course teaches Database Administrators to perform basic database administrative tasks using Db2 11.1, such as: creating database objects like tables, indexes and views, and loading data into the database with Db2 utilities like LOAD and INGEST. Various diagnostic methods will be presented, including using db2pd command options, and monitoring with SQL statements that reference Db2 monitor functions. Students will learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to recover a database to a specific point in time using the archived logs. The course covers using EXPLAIN tools to review the access plans for SQL statements and adding indexes to improve SQL performance. It covers the locking performed by Db2 and the effect the application isolation level has on locking and lock wait conditions. Students will learn how to implement database security, including adding a security administrator, SECADM user, and implement database roles to simplify security management. The course also describes implementing Db2 native encryption for a database.
Course Length: 4 day(s)
Course Price: $3240 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Overview of Db2 11.1
- Db2 Command Line Processor (CLP) and GUI tools
- The Db2 database manager instance
- Creating Databases and Data Placement
- Creating Database Objects
- Moving Data
- Backup and Recovery
- Database Maintenance, Monitoring and Problem Determination
- Locking and concurrency
This is an intermediate level course for students that will perform Database Administration tasks, who plan, implement, and maintain D22 11.1 databases.
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
These skills can be developed by taking:
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.