You must be a registered/logged in user to have an ability to manage your wishlist. Register/login here.
This course provides students with an understanding of Active Reports content and functionality within IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting. Through lecture, demonstrations, and exercises, students increase their IBM Cognos Analytics experience by building highly interactive reports using Active Report controls, which can then be distributed to and consumed by users in a disconnected environment, including on mobile devices.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $785 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Introduction to IBM Cognos Active Reports
- Examine IBM Cognos Active Reports
- Convert an existing report into an Active Report
- Add interactions in Active Reports using Active Report connections
- Create a basic Active Report
- Examine interactive behavior of Active Report controls
- Save a report in the IBM Cognos Analytics portal
- Save an Active Report to an MHT file
- Save an Active Report as a report template
- Use an Active Report as a prompt page
- Understand Active Report security
Use Active Report Connections
Examine Active Report connections
Filter and select in controls using Active Report connections
Use a single variable to control multiple controls
Use multiple variables to show different data in different controls
Use Active Report controls to support mobile device usage
Use Active Report Charts and Decks
- Add charts to active reports
- Understand and optimize chart behaviour
- Exmine decks and data decks
- Optimize use of decks
- Review Master Detail relationships
- Examine RAVE visualizations
Report authors wanting to develop interactive report content, or content disconnected from IBM Cognos servers.
Basic understanding of IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.