This course provides developers with knowledge of OLAP modeling concepts using IBM Cognos Transformer. Students will learn how to design, build, and maintain PowerCubes for use in IBM Cognos BI so that end users can easily analyze data.
All Cognos Business Intelligence v10.2.2 courses have been retired by IBM and are no longer available. However, Newcomp Analytics has various Newcomp modules available as an alternative and can also provide ad-hoc mentoring to individuals who are on v10.2.2 and require training. Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com or 888.892.4276 ext. 3 to discuss how we can help.
Course Length: 4 day(s)
Course Price: $2800 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Overview of IMB Cognos BI
- Transformer Fundamentals
- The Transformer Development Process
- Data Sources in Transformer • Building a Model
- Considerations for Designing Successful PowerCubes
- The Time Dimension
- Relative Time
- Use Multiple Data Sources
- Uniqueness • Working with Measures
- Allocated Measures
- Currency Conversion
- Alternate Hierarchies within a Dimension
- Advanced Dimensional Modeling
- Customize Cube Content
- Examine Security
- Appling Security
- Maintain Models and PowerCubes
- Considerations for Drill Through
- Optimize PowerCubes
- Partition PowerCubes
- Identify Common Data Structures
This intermediate course is intended for Developers who design OLAP models for use in IBM Cognos BI.
- Understand the business need for ad hoc queries and analysis
- Experience gathering requirements and analyzing data
- IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Fundamentals (Recommended)
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by completing this form. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate people with different availabilities.