You must be a registered/logged in user to have an ability to manage your wishlist. Register/login here.
IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Advanced (V10.2.2) is a two-day, instructor-led course. Building on topics learned in the Fundamentals course, the Advanced course is designed for professional report authors to learn advanced report building techniques using mostly relational data models, and ways of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports. Students will participate in interactive demos and workshops that illustrate key concepts while learning how to use the product.
All Cognos Business Intelligence v10.2.2 courses have been retired by IBM and are no longer available. However, Newcomp Analytics has various Newcomp modules available as an alternative and can also provide ad-hoc mentoring to individuals who are on v10.2.2 and require training. Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com or 888.892.4276 ext. 3 to discuss how we can help.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1400 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Create Query Models
- Build query models and then connect them to the report layout
- Edit an SQL statement to author custom queries
- Add filters and prompts to a report using the query model
Create Query Reports Based on Relationships
- Create reports by merging query results
- Create reports by joining queries
- Combine data containers based on relationships from different queries
Create Advanced Dynamic Reports
- Filter reports on session parameter values
- Navigate a briefing book using a table of contents
- Create dynamic headers and title that reflect report data
- Let users navigate to specific locations in reports
- Create a customer invoice report
Design Effective Prompts
- Control report displays using prompts
- Specify conditional formatting values using prompts
- Specify conditional rendering of objects based on prompt selection
- Create sorted and filtered reports based on prompt selection
Create Additional Advanced Reports
- Create a report that displays summarized data before detailed data
- Highlight alternate rows in a list report
- Create a report using an external data file
- Use single data items to summarize report information
Examine the Report Specification
- Examine the report specification structure
- Modify a report specification
- Add custom toolbox objects and custom template options
Distribute Reports Through Bursting
- Distribute reports using bursting
- Create burst keys
- Identify report recipients and data items using burst tables
- Distribute reports using email and IBM Cognos Connection
Enhance User Interaction with HTML
- Create tooltips that clarify report data
- Send emails using links in a report
End-to-End Workshop (Optional)
- Various managers have requested that you create reports to answer business questions pertaining to their areas of interest
Explore the Prompt API (Optional)
- Describe the Prompt API
- Describe the uses of the Prompt API
- Describe the primary objects, methods and properties used in the Prompt API
- Review prompt values
- Explore the enhancement of prompts in reports with the Prompt API
This advanced course is for Professional Report Authors.
You Should Have:
- Completed IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Fundamentals (V10.2)
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Basic knowledge of XML (recommended)
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.
B5A58G – IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Fundamentals
N0RSF – Cognos Report Studio Fundamentals
Focusing on relationally-modeled data, students will be introduced to Lists, Crosstabs and Charts as well as interactive features such as prompts and report-to-report drill through. During the course, students will also learn how to add advanced formatting to the objects in their reports and apply conditional styles and rendering.