This course teaches students the building blocks required to complete more complex analytical tasks with Alteryx Designer. Students will gain a thorough understanding of important concepts that will enable them to prepare, parse, blend, transform and analyze data from disparate sources and output their results.
This course provides students with the skills required to prepare for the Alteryx Designer Core Certification Exam.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Understand Alteryx Designer terminology
- Easily navigate the Alteryx Designer Interface
- Become familiar with Designer User and Workflow Settings
- Be able to share and save workflows
- Understand how Designer processes data
- Connect to and update data sources:
- Files and databases
- Dynamically load Excel Spreadsheets
- Bulk load text-based files such as CSV
- Write back to the original data source
- Clean unwanted characters in records
- Order records
- Rename fields manually and dynamically
- Detect and change field data types manually and automatically
- Filter records and use conditional expression to update/add fields
- Identify unique records
- Blend data from disparate sources:
- Append records from different sources
- Merge records from different sources on key fields
- Add fields from one data set to all records in another
- Parse data
- Work with date/time fields
- Build expressions to add and update fields, by performing basic calculations
- Replacing text within a field
- Using string length and positions
- Parse data from one field into multiple field
- Pivot data
- Group and Bin Records
- Aggregate data
- Workflow best practices
- Cache a portion of your workflow
- Output data to different file formats
This class is for Beginner to Intermediate level Alteryx Designer Users and is appropriate for anyone working with data regardless of their analytical background.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver courses through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.