In this course, students will learn how to build web applications. Students should also have experience with the Microsoft Azure platform and a basic understanding of the services offered in Azure.
This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing web application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. The course does not require any existing experience with the ASP.NET platform but does require experience with C#. This course focuses on the development considerations and decisions necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the students for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
Course Length: 5 day(s)
Course Price: $2995 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
1. Overview of the Microsoft Azure Platform
- Azure Services
- Management Portals
2. Building Application Infrastructure in Azure
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
- Migrating Azure Virtual Machine Instances
- Highly Available Azure Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Configuration Management
- Customizing Azure Virtual Machine Networking
- Virtual Machine Scale Sets
3. Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform
- Azure Web Apps
- Azure Logic and Function Apps
- Configuring an App Service App
- Publishing an Azure App Service App
- Supplemental Services
4. Storing SQL Data in Azure
- Azure SQL Databases Overview
- Manage SQL Databases in Azure
- Azure SQL Database Tools
- Additional Managed Database Services
5. Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency
- Application Design Practices for Highly Available Applications
- Application Analytics
- Build High Performance Applications using ASP.NET
- Common Cloud Application Patterns
- Cache Application Data
6. Storing Unstructured Data in Azure
- Azure Storage Overview
- Azure Storage Tables
- Azure REdis Cache
- Azure Search
- Azure Cosmos DB
7. Storing and Consuming Files from Azure Storage
- Azure Storage Blobs
- Controlling Access to Storage Blobs and Containers
- Configure Azure Storage Accounts
- Azure Files
8. Designing a Communication Strategy Using Queues and Service Bus
- Azure Storage Queues
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Service Bus Queues
- Azure Service Bus Relay
- Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
9. Automate Integration with Azure Resources
- Creating Azure Scripts using Azure PowerShell
- Creating Azure Scripts using Azure CLI
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure REST interface
- Azure Cloud Shell
10. Securing Azure Web Applications
- Continuous Intergration
- Azure DevTest Labs
- Azure Resource Manager Templates
- Managed Solution Hosting
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Directories
- Azure AD Offerings
- Azure Key Vault
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques, and approaches used to build application solutions using C#.
- Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
- Configure and deploy web applications.
- Create Azure Web Apps.
- Create and configure Virtual Machines.
- Create a Virtual Network.
- Create a Storage account.
- Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account.
- Create, configure and connect to an Azure SQL Database instance.
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (M10979)
- Developing ASP.NET 4.5 MVC Web Applications (M20486)
Instructor-Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver courses through the use of in-class training facilities. Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples. ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.