Introduction to IBM SPSS Decision Trees is a two day self-paced training course that covers the principles and practice of the tree-based decision and regression methods available in IBM SPSS Decision Trees. A general introduction to the features of the IBM SPSS Decision Trees module and an overview of decision tree based methods will be covered. These methods (CHAID, Exhaustive CHAID, CRT, and QUEST) are used to perform classification, segmentation, and prediction modeling in a wide range of business and research areas. The techniques are discussed and compared, analyses are performed, and the results interpreted.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Introduction to IBM SPSS Decision Trees
- CHAID Analysis
- CHAID Extensions and Additional Features
- CRT Decision Trees
- CRT Regression Trees
- Quest Analysis
This intermediate course is for:
- Analysts building prediction or decision models for which many predictor variables of different types may be involved
- Survey and Market researchers who need to perform automated decision or segmentation analysis
You should have:
Familiarity with the Windows interface
- Knowledge of basic statistics through regression (topics covered in Statistical Analysis Using SPSS) is very useful.
- Those with advanced statistical training in predictive models (for example discriminant, logistic regression covered in Advanced Statistics Using SPSS for Windows or Market Segmentation Using SPSS) will gain more from this course.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples.
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by completing this form. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate people with different availabilities.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.