This course provides an overview of how to use IBM SPSS Modeler to predict a target field that describes numeric values. Students will be exposed to rule induction models such as CHAID and C&R Tree. They will also be introduced to traditional statistical models such as Linear Regression. Students are introduced to machine learning models, such as Neural Networks. Business use case examples include: predicting the length of subscription for newspapers, telecommunication, and job length, as well as predicting insurance claim amounts.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $795 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Introduction to predicting continuous targets
- List three modeling objectives
- List two business questions that involve predicting continuous targets
- Explain the concept of field measurement level and its implications for selecting a modeling technique
- List three types of models to predict continuous targets
- Determine the classification model to use
- Building decision trees interactively
- Explain how CHAID grows a tree
- Explain how C&R Tree grows a tree
- Build CHAID and C&R Tree models interactively
- Evaluate models for continuous targets
- Use the model nugget to score records
- Building your tree directly
- Explain the difference between CHAID and Exhaustive CHAID
- Explain boosting and bagging
- Identify how C&R Tree prunes decision trees
- List two differences between CHAID and C&R Tree
- Using traditional statistical models
- Explain key concepts for Linear
- Customize options in the Linear node
- Explain key concepts for Cox
- Customize options in the Cox node
- Using machine learning models
- Explain key concepts for Neural Net
- Customize one option in the Neural Net node
IBM SPSS Modeler Analysts who have completed the Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Mining course who want to become familiar with the modeling techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler to predict a continuous target.
- Experience using IBM SPSS Modeler including familiarity with the Modeler environment, creating streams, reading data files, exploring data, setting the unit of analysis, combining datasets, deriving and reclassifying fields, and a basic knowledge of modeling.
- Prior completion of Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Science (v18.1.1) is recommended.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.