This course is designed for students who want to get an understanding of how to use and customize the InfoSphere Master Data Management using the InfoSphere MDM Workbench. This course takes students through the process customizing both the Virtual and Physical MDM using the InfoSphere MDM Workbench. The focus of the course is on the core features of the Workbench: Creating a Physical MDM Addition, creating a Physical MDM Extension, creating a Physical MDM Behavior Extension, creating a composite service, deploying a Virtual MDM configuration, configuring the Virtual Data Model, creating a Virtual custom Composite View, creating a Virtual Callout Handler, generating an enterprise service interface using the Virtual data model and customizing a Hybrid implementation. For each core area, the instructor will explain the high-level concepts, have the students work with the feature and then demo and review the feature details. Heavy emphasis is put on exercises and activities, allowing course students to apply the knowledge that they learn in the classroom, after course conclusion.
Course Length: 3 day(s)
Course Price: $2600 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Day 1
- Unit 1: InfoSphere MDM Architecture
- Unit 2: OSGi and MDM
- Physical MDM
Unit 3: Data Additions
- Exercise 1: Additions
- Unit 4: Physical Data Extensions
- Exercise 2: Extensions - New Person Attribute
- Day 2
- Unit 5: MDM Physical Behavior Extensions
- Exercise 3: Behavior Extension
- Unit 6: Composite Services
- Exercise 4: Composite Services
- Unit 7: Adaptive Services Interface (ASI)
- Virtual MDM
- Unit 8: Virtual Data Model
- Exercise 5: Creating a Custom Attribute Type
- Day 3
- Unit 9: Virtual Handlers
- Exercise 6: Callout Handler
- Exercise 7: Custom Composite View
- Unit 10: eSOA Toolkit
- Exercise 8: eSOAToolkig
- Unit 11: Hybrid MDM
- Exercise 9: Hybrid Customization
- This advanced course is for Infrastructure Specialist, Senior Technical Specialist, Technical Specialist, Support Engineers, and System Architects.
- InfoSphere MDM Physical Domains V11.4 (ZZ930G)
It is also recommended that you have working knowledge of Java development and XML concepts.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day time frame at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.