This course is designed to make power users out of absolute beginners. If you need your team seeing and understanding your data in the shortest time possible this course is for you. It combines topics from both the Tableau Desktop I and II courses into a caffeine-fuelled, 3-day data marathon.
Course Length: 3 day(s)
Course Price: $2100 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Introduction to Tableau Fundamentals for Desktop
- Setting Up Connections and Data Sources
- Simplifying and Sorting your Data
- Organizing your Data
- Slicing your Data by Date
- Using Multiple Measures in a View
- Showing the Relationship Between Numerical Values
- Viewing Specific Values
- Data Connection Options
- Data Extracts
- Customizing your Data
- Analyzing Data with Quick Table Calculations
- Advanced Table Calculations
- Highlighting Data with Reference Lines
- Creating and Using Parameters
- Creating and Using Parameters Cnt’d
- Mapping Data Geographically
- Showing Breakdowns of the Whole
- Comparing Measures Against a Goal
- Defining Subsets of Your Data
- Viewing Distributions
- Statistics and Forecasting
- Dashboards and Stories
This course is designed for beginner Tableau users, looking to get ramped up on Tableau quicky.
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
Instructor-Led In Classroom (3 days)
Newcomp can directly deliver courses through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor-Led Online (3 days)
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.