IBM Cognos Insight: Analyze and Share Data (V10.1) is a one-day, instructor-led course designed to teach business users and analysts how to use the personal analytics desktop tool IBM Cognos Insight to quickly and easily analyze data from a variety of sources to gain insight into your business, as well as create plans to gather information from team members.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Introduction to IBM Cognos Insight
- Understand the benefits of IBM Cognos Insight
- Drag and drop files to import data
- Filter data and discover associations using Explore Points
- Perform a Guided Import from a file
- Perform a Guided Import from a relational data source
- Refresh data
- Analyze data from different perspectives
- Insert totals
- Calculate data
- Explore chart types
- Explore chart options
- Determine the optimal chart to use for your analysis
Construct a Workspace
- Add content by using widgets
- Organize your workspace with tabs and action buttons
- Improve appearance by applying themes
Format and Enter Data
- Understand data entry colors and fonts
- Control appearance and behavior using formatting
- Annotate and calculate data in cells
Share a Workspace
- Send or upload files to other users
- Publish a workspace
- Export and print data
End to End Workshop
- A series of short workshops designed to test and further develop the skills you acquired throught the course
This course is for business users.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by completing this form. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate people with different availabilities.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.