IBM Cognos TM1: Interact with Data (V10.1) is a one-day, instructor-led course designed to show Contributors how to navigate and interact with TM1, and how to use the front end tools and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with Multidimensional cubes. An introduction to Cognos Insight is also included in the course. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, students will learn how to connect and access TM1, build views, browse data and navigate through the user interface.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Getting Started Using TM1
- Review financial performance management
- Understand how TM1 enables financial performance management
- Identify the TM1 user community
- Describe the components and objects of TM1
Explore and Customize Multidimensional Data
- Examine the structure of a cube
- Examine Cube Viewer to understand how to browse data in a cube
- Create subsets to focus data in a cube
Refine Your Analysis Using Spreadsheets and Active Forms
- Analyze cube data with Excel using snapshot and slice methods
- Examine the process from the cube viewer, to Excel, and then to the web
- Contribute data to a cube using spread methods
- Filter data in a cube
- Create dynamic reports using Active Forms
Format and Print Results
- Use TM1 application to organize reports
- Publish Excel reports to the Web
- Access Websheets
Use TM1 Web to Manage and Analyze Your Data
- Create and edit views with the View Builder
- View and manipulate a TM1 Websheet
- Use data spreading and holds
- Create a new cube view
- View web charts
- Use drill capabilities within relational tables and cubes
Explore Data in IBM Cognos Insight
- Understand the uses of Cognos Insight
- Import data into a workspace
- Navigate and explore data
- Restructure data
- Add calculations and highlight variances
Work With Planning Applications
- Compare the three different application types
- Determine how to connect to your plan (connected, distributed/disconnected, open in Cognos Insight)
- Explain the workflow page (workflow states, etc.)
- Work with an application (open, enter simple data, commit data, submit or reject if applicable)
- Reorganize the grid
This basic course is for Contributors.
- Experience using the Windows operating system and a Web browser
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of your business requirements
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by completing this form. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate people with different availabilities.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.