In this course students learn how the Information Governance Catalog is used to govern information assets through the development of a governance catalog of categories and terms. This catalog documents information assets and governance policies and rules that implement the high-level strategy and objectives of a governance program.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $800 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Introduction to the Information Governance Catalog
- Describe information governance
- Describe how the Information Governance Catalog supports information governance
- Describe the IBM Information Server environment that Information Governance Catalog is a part of
- Describe the governance role of the Information Governance Catalog within Information Server
Building a Business Glossary
- Describe categories and terms
- Describe the category hierarchy
- Describe the kind of information in categories and terms
- Describe how to create categories and terms
Governance Policies and Rules
- Describe policies and rules
- Describe the rules hierarchy
- Describe the kind of information in policies and rules
- Describe how to create policies and rules
- Describe Information Governance Catalog (IGC) security roles
- Describe Catalog workflow
- Create a new category and mark it for review
- Review a category
- Edit the category based on the reviewer’s feedback
- Approve a category
- Publish the Catalog
- Restrict access to Catalog content
- Create labels
- Manage stewards
- Create custom attributes
- Import and export a business glossary
IBM Glossary Anywhere
- Configure IBM Glossary Anywhere
- Search for governance assets using IBM Glossary Anywhere
- Use text capture to search for governance assets
Information Governance Dashboard (optional)
- Explore the Information Governance Dashboard
- Drilling down in the Cognos charts
This is a basic course for those who will be using Information Governance Catalog to develop and implement their information governance strategy.
Those taking this course should have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. Familiarity with Information Server products is desirable but not required
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.