This course teaches Information Server and/or DataStage administrators to configure, manage, and monitor the DataStage Engine which plays a crucial role in Information Server. It not only runs high performance parallel ETL jobs designed and built in DataStage. It also supports other Information Server products including Information Analyzer, QualityStage, and Data Click. After introducing DataStage parallel jobs and the Engine that runs them, the course describes DataStage project configuration, the Engine’s development and runtime environments, and the Engine’s data source connectivity. In addition the course explains how to import and export DataStage objects, how to run and monitor DataStage jobs through the command line and GUI, and how to use some important Engine utilities.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $850 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Unit 1: Introduction to the Information Server (DataStage) Engine
- Information Server architecture
- How the DataStage Engine is used in Information Server
- DataStage Engine features
Unit 2: Elements of a DataStage job
- Anatomy of a DataStage parallel job
- Explore the elements of an example DataStage job, including its stages and job parameters
- Understand the OSH that is generated by the job during compile
Unit 3: Engine architecture
- Partition parallelism
- Runtime architecture
- Configuration files
- The “Score”
Unit 4: Engine project configuration
- DataStage project authorizations
- Runtime Column Propagation (RCP)
- Environment variables
Unit 5: Configuring database connectivity
- Configuring ODBC data sources
- Configuring native database connections
Unit 6: Running DataStage jobs
- Running jobs from the command line
- Monitoring jobs in Director and the Operations Console
- Workload management
- Starting and stopping the Engine
Unit 7: Engine utilities
- Data set utilities
- Multiple job compile
- Resource estimation tool
Unit 8: Importing and exporting DataStage objects
- DataStage Designer exports and imports
- Command line exports and imports
This course is recommended for those who will be administering Information Server and DataStage.
It is recommend that students take KM510 “IBM InfoSphere Administrative Tasks for Information Server v11.5” course.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.