This course gets those charged with administering InfoSphere Information Server v11.5 and its suite of many products and components started with the basic administrative tasks necessary to support Information Server users and developers.
The course begins with a functional overview of Information Server and the products and components that support these functions. Then it focuses on the basic administrative tasks an Information Server administrator will need to perform including user management, session management, and reporting management tasks. The course covers both the use of Information Server administrative clients such as the Administration Console and Metadata Asset Manager and the use of command line tools such as istool and encrypt.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $935 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Unit 1: Information Server technical overview
- List the Information Server functional categories
- List the Information Server products and components that support these functional categories
- List the Information Server architectural tiers
Unit 2: Working with Information Server clients
- Use the Information Server Launch Pad to access Information Server thin clients including the Administrative Console, Information Governance Catalog, and Metadata Asset Manager
- Access Information Server Engine Clients including DataStage, QualityStage, FastTrack, and Information Server Manager
- Access Information Server Console Clients including Information Analyzer and Information Services Director
Unit 3: Authentication and suite security
- Configure Suite users and groups
- Configure DataStage credentials for Engine users
Unit 4: Session management
- View a list of active sessions
- View session properties
- Disconnect sessions
- Configure global session properties
Unit 5: Managing reports
- Create and manage report folders
- Create a report
- Run a report
- View report results
Unit 6: Administrative tools
- Session Admin tool
- Directory Command tool
- Encrypt tool
Unit 7: Managing Information Server repository assets
- Use istool to export and import common metadata assets
- Use istool to query information assets
- Use istool to export and import security assets
- Use istool to export and import reporting assets
This basic course is for those who will be administering Information Server and its product components.
There are no prerequisites for this course
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.