This course teaches students how to build QualityStage parallel jobs that investigate, standardize, match, and consolidate data records. Students will gain experience by building an application that combines customer data from three source systems into a single master customer record.
Course Length: 4 day(s)
Course Price: $3200 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Data Quality Issues
- Listing the common data quality contaminants
- Describing data quality processes
- Describing QualityStage architecture
- Describing QualityStage clients and their functions
Developing with QualityStage
- Importing metadata
- Building DataStage/QualityStage Jobs
- Running jobs
- Reviewing results
- Building Investigate jobs
- Using Character Discrete, Concatenate, and Word Investigations to analyze data fields
- Reviewing results
- Describing the Standardize stage
- Identifying Rule Sets
- Building jobs using the Standardize stage
- Interpreting standardize results
- Investigating unhandled data and patterns
- Building a QualityStage job to identify matching records
- Applying multiple Match passes to increase efficiency
- Interpreting and improving Match results
- Building a QualityStage survive job that will consolidate matched records into a single master record
- Building a QualityStage job to match data using a reference match
- Data Analysts responsible for data quality using QualityStage
- Data Quality Architects
- Data Cleansing Developers
Participants should have:
- Familiarity with the Windows operating system
- Familiarity with a text editor
Helpful, but not required, would be some understanding of elementary statistics principles such as weighted averages and probability.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.