This course teaches application developers how to set up a Controller application and effectively use Controller in their organization’s consolidation process. Students will also design and generate financial reports using Controller. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, students will set up a Controller application by creating the necessary structures (such as accounts and companies), and then test the application to ensure that it works properly. Students will also learn how to work with currency translation, allocations, intercompany transactions, investments in subsidiaries, advanced formula calculations, and user-defined business rules, as well as define configuration settings and user access to the application.
Course Length: 5 day(s)
Course Price: $1725 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Create companies, consolidation types, and account structures
- Create and organize forms for entering data into the Controller application
- Generate movement accounts to show changes to data over time
- Create extended dimensions to enhance data analysis
- Link structures to customize end users’ access to Controller data
- Define and schedule the data entry process
- Test the Controller application setup
- Adjust data through journal entries
- Translate foreign currencies
- Enable automatically created journal entries
- Allocate values
- Reconcile and eliminate intercompany transactions
- Work with shareholdings and investments in group companies
- Calculate and eliminate acquisition values
- Consolidate a group’s reported values
- Define security restrictions to different parts of the application
- Eliminate intercompany profit
- Create complex stored calculations
- Customize the consolidation process using user-defined business rules (UDBRs)
- Create ad hoc reports to quickly analyze and compare figures
- Run standard reports to verify and analyze data for consolidation
- Create custom reports using the Report Generator
- Create, modify, and run reports in Excel using the Excel Link
- Run multiple reports simultaneously by grouping reports into report books
- Identify different consolidation models (Optional)
This intermediate course is intended for Application Developers (typically people with a financial or accounting background).
You should have intermediate knowledge of group accounting.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.