This course teaches students about the Streams Processing Language. It will begin with the basic concepts of InfoSphere Streams and the basic Streams Processing Language operators used in a Streams program. Students will learn how to access data from an external source using the Source type operators and write an output stream using the Sink type operators.
Students will then learn how and when to use the various Stream operators, like the Functor, Punctor, Aggregation, Sort, Join, Split, Barrier, Delay, and Switch operators. The second half of the course shows how to control the placement of processing elements and the debugging capabilities of the Streams Processing Language. Students will also learn about consistent regions and how to use them to process tuples at-least-once.
Course Length: 4 day(s)
Course Price: $3200 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Unit 1 - InfoSphere Streams Overview
- Unit 2 - Streams Processing Language Basics
- Unit 3 - Streams Processing Language Development
- Unit 4 - SPL Programming Introduction
- Unit 5 - Adapter Operators
- Unit 6 - Relational and Utility Operators: The Journey Begins
- Unit 7 - Windowing and Joins
- Unit 8 - Punctuation, Aggregation and Sorting
- Unit 9 - Timing and Coordination
- Unit 10 - Lists, Sets, and Maps
- Unit 11 - Consistent Regions
- Unit 12 - Resources, Partitions, and Other Configs
- Unit 13 - Debugging
- Unit 14 - Toolkits
- Unit 15 - SPL Functions
- Unit 16 - SPL C++ Non-generic Primitive Operators
- Unit 17 - SPL Java Non-generic Primitive Operators
- Unit 18 - SPL Generic Primitive Operators
This basic course is designed for those who are planning on developing InfoSphere Streams applications.
There are no prerequisites are required; however, use of an Eclipse-based tool would be beneficial as well as exposure to the C++, Java, and Perl languages.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.