This course will teach students how to use IBM BigInsights Text Analytics, an information extraction system, to extract information from unstructured and semi-structured documents. Using IBM BigInsights Text Analytics students can create extractors using a visual web interface. The visual extractors are then automatically translated into Annotation Query Language (AQL) rules to extract structured information from unstructured and semi-structured documents. Students can apply Text Analytics to big data at rest in IBM BigInsights and big data in motion in IBM Streams.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $800 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Understand and describe the need for text analytics
- Understand the Annotation Query Language (AQL)
- Describe the AQL data model
- Text Analytics web tooling
- Navigate a Text Analytics project in the web UI
- Import documents into a project
- Understand the Text Analytics development process
- Use the tooling to create and test extractors
The course is designed for data scientists and developers who want to use Text Analytics.
- Students should be familiar with SQL, Hadoop, and the Linux file system.
- DW601G - IBM BigInsights Overview
- Although not required, it would also be helpful for students to take the DW644 - IBM BigInsights Bigsheets to have a better understanding of how BigSheets can work with Text Analytics. Student can attend many free courses at www.bigdatauniversity.com to acquire the necessary requirements.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.