This course teaches basic database administrative tasks using DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. These tasks include creating database objects like table, indexes and views and loading data into the database with DB2 utilities like LOAD and INGEST. Various diagnostic methods will be presented, including using various db2pd command options and monitoring using SQL statements with DB2 monitor functions. Students will learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to recover a database to a specific point in time using the archived logs. Locking performed by DB2 and the effect the application isolation level has on locking and lock wait conditions are covered. This course provides a quick start to DB2 database administration skills for experienced relational Database Administrators (DBA).
The lab exercises are performed using DB2 LUW 10.5 for Windows. For some exercise tasks students will have the option to complete the task using a DB2 command line processor or using the graphical interface provided by IBM Data Server Manager.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1600 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Overview of DB2 10 on Linux, UNIX and Windows
- DB2 Command Line Processor (CLP) and GUI tools
- The DB2 database manager instance
- Creating Databases and Data Placement
- Creating Database Objects
- Moving Data
- Backup and Recovery
- Locking and concurrency
- Database Maintenance, Monitoring and Problem Determination
This is an intermediate level course for experienced DBAs and technical individuals, with experience on other relational database platforms, who plan, implement, and maintain DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows databases.
Participants should have the following skills:
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
- These skills can be developed by taking:
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.