This course is designed to teach students how to identify components and sub-components of the IBM Cognos Analytics architecture and how to use tools and techniques to provide a foundation to troubleshoot issues. Through lecture and interactive exercises students will identify IBM Cognos Analytics components, examine how these components interact with Java, and will explore logging to assist when troubleshooting issues.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1570 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Introduction and Service-Oriented Architecture
- Identify IBM Cognos 11.0 architectural components
- Describe Service-Oriented Architecture in IBM Cognos Analytics
Explore the IBM Cognos Dispatcher
- Describe IBM Cognos Dispatcher
- Describe request routing and the routing process
- Describe Content Manager Cache Service
Examine IBM Cognos services
- Identify IBM Cognos services
- Explore the architecture in IBM Cognos 11.0
Examine Java memory management
- Describe Java memory layout
- Manage Java memory
- Use tools to monitor Java memory
Examine audit logging and Indication Processing Facility logging
- Describe installation logs and configuration logs
- Explore audit logging
- Explore IPF logging
Perform dye tracing
- Identify dye tracing requirements
- Perform dye tracing
Explore Dynamic Query Mode
- Explain Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) logging
- Explain IBM Cognos Dynamic Query Analyzer (DQA)
Explore component logging
- Explore component logging for Gateway, Dispatcher, Report Server, and Universal Data Access layer
Examine additional tools and special task logging
- Explore diagnostic tools and utilities for special task logging
Administrators responsible for administering the IBM Cognos Analytics 11.0 environment
IBM Cognos Analytics: Administration (v11.0) course or equivalent experience administering the IBM Cognos Analytics environment.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.