IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Active Reports (V10.2.2) is designed to guide professional report authors in incorporating interactivity and disconnected functionality to reports using active report controls. Through interactive demos and workshops, students will learn how to author reports with interactive content, as well as reports optimized to work on mobile devices, or in disconnected environments.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Introduction to IBM Cognos Active Reports
- Explain active reports and their value
- Save active reports
- Create active report templates
- Convert existing reports to active reports
- Explain security considerations in active reports
- Debug active report behavior
- Use active report content in Cognos Workspace
Use Active Report Connections
- Describe active report connections
- Apply Filter and Select behavior to active report controls
- Modify the interactive behavior of report controls
- Identify active report controls and variables in a report
- Use variables to control multiple controls independently
- Control multiple controls from a single variable
- Author and optimize active reports for mobile consumption
Active Report Charts and Decks
- Describe characteristics of traditional charts in active reports
- Control data display using decks and data decks
- Use decks and data decks to display traditional charts
- Optimize decks for performance
- Describe characteristics of RAVE Visualizations
This intermediate course is intended for Report Authors.
Students should have basic understanding of IBM Cognos Report Studio and report authoring.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.