This module also includes an introduction to pages, dashboard, and portal tabs.
You must be a registered/logged in user to have an ability to manage your wishlist. Register/login here.
This course will develop the skills students will need to use IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced to create effective self-service reports with relational and dimensional data. Through interactive demos and workshops, this course will present topics related to creating reports with IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced for the business author.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1400 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Examine IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- Identify the user interface components of IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- Launch IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- Examine report templates
- Determine browser options
Create a Report using Relational Data
- Explain relational data
- Explain object types
- Define report layouts
- Add data query items
- Use calculations
Create a Report using Dimensional Data
- Define Dimensional Data
- Define Dimensionally-Modeled Relational (DMR) data
- Explore hierarchies with drill down and drill up
- Identify sets
- Define a Financial Report layout
Sort and Group Your Data
- Define sorting
- Explain aggregated data
- Discuss grouping data
- Discuss dividing data into sections
Filter Your Data+B20
- Discuss suppression options
- Discuss filtering data
- Discuss filtering aggregated data
Highlight and Visualize Report Data
- Explain query item properties
- Discuss formatting objects
- Discuss conditional styles
- Explain RAVE visualizations
Integrate External Data
- Define external data
- Discuss security permissions for user access to external data capability
- Discuss steps to integrate external data
- Discuss mapping data
- Explain how to link external data
- Discuss data attributes
Analyze Data Using Charts and Graphs
- Discuss data analysis processes
- Explain types of reports and best practice for report analysis
Integrate Cognos Workspace Advanced with other BI Tools
- Discuss Report Studio functionality that can add additional value to meet business needs
- Discuss integration of Cognos Workspace Advanced within Cognos Workspace
Appendix A. Overview of IBM Cognos BI (Optional)
- Describe IBM Cognos BI and Financial Performance Management
- Describe IBM Cognos BI components
- Describe IBM Cognos BI architecture at a high level
- Define IBM Cognos groups and roles
- Explain how to extend IBM Cognos
This course is for Business Authors.
You should have knowledge of your business requirements.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples.
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by reaching out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate individuals with different availabilities.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.
N0CCF – Cognos Connection
N0CWF – Cognos Workspace
Users will be able to arrange content in an intuitive and interactive manner via "Widgets" that can be personalized and extended without requiring IT assistance.
During the module, students will add multiple report objects to their workspaces and then customize them.
The module covers creating new calculations, adding comments and annotations, and modifying the formats and visualizations of the Widgets.
N0QSF – Cognos Query Studio
During the course, students will also add easy-to-create calculations to provide additional insight and apply conditional formatting to the numeric data in their reports.