Overview of IBM Cognos BI (V10.2.2) provides students with a high-level overview of the IBM Cognos BI suite of products and their underlying architecture. Students will examine each BI component as it relates to the comprehensive Smarter Analytics solution, and will be shown a range of resources to access additional information on each product.
All Cognos Business Intelligence v10.2.2 courses have been retired by IBM and are no longer available. However, Newcomp Analytics has various Newcomp modules available as an alternative and can also provide ad-hoc mentoring to individuals who are on v10.2.2 and require training. Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.892.4276 ext. 3 to discuss how we can help.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence
- Describe IBM Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) and its position within the IBM Smarter Analytics approach and offerings
- Describe the IBM Cognos 10 Family of offerings
- Describe IBM Cognos BI enterprise components
- Describe IBM Cognos architecture at a high level
- Describe IBM Cognos BI security at a high level
Consume Content in IBM Cognos BI
- Where do consumers access BI content?
- Use published reports
- Drill-through to related data
- Specify run report options
- Specify properties of an entry
- Add comments to saved output
- Alerts and Watch Items
Create Reports in IBM Cognos BI
- Overview of reporting and report authoring
- Identify package types available for reporting
- Create ad hoc reports and analyze data with IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- Enhance and create reports in IBM Cognos Report Studio
- Create an Active Report
- Import personal data by using My Data Sets
Create Workspaces in IBM Cognos BI
- Describe IBM Cognos Workspace
- Explore navigation and general functionality
- Create a workspace from existing content
- Modify an existing workspace
- Collaborate in a workspace
Create Metadata Models in IBM Cognos BI
- Describe IBM Cognos Framework Manager
- Describe IBM Cognos Transformer components and capabilities
- Describe IBM Cognos Cube Designer
Extend IBM Cognos BI
- Describe IBM Cognos Mobile
- Explain IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office
- Describe IBM Cognos Event Studio
- Explain Metric Studio
This course is for multiple roles (consumers, business authors, professional authors, developers, administrators, modelers, project managers)
You should have:
- An understanding of your organization's business intelligence process and reporting needs
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
- Experience using a web browser
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.