You must be a registered/logged in user to have an ability to manage your wishlist. Register/login here.
IBM Cognos BI Analysis Studio: Analyze Data (V10.1/10.2) is a one-day, instructor-led course that teaches business authors to navigate and analyze data in Analysis Studio. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on workshops, attendees will discover trends, identify opportunities, and learn how to make better business decisions. Students will learn techniques such as ranking, filtering, asymmetrical crosstabs, and graphing to help them analyze large volumes of data (whether OLAP or dimensionally modeled relational metadata). They will also learn to manage reports through IBM Cognos Connection.
Please Note: Analysis Studio will not be available after version 10.2.2 - thus, we are recommending that our clients transition to Cognos Workspace Advanced. Please follow this link for the official announcement by IBM regarding Query Studio’s deprecation. Cognos Workspace Advanced delivers the same ad-hoc reporting functionalities as Query Studio, and more.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- Discuss IBM Cognos and Performance Management
- Describe IBM Cognos BI components
- Describe IBM Cognos architecture at a high level
- Define IBM Cognos BI groups and roles
- Explain how to extend IBM Cognos BI
Analysis Studio Fundamentals
- Define the fundamental terms of Analysis Studio
- Explain how to insert objects
- Define and create sets
- Identify the work area, overview area, and properties pane
Tools for Investigation in Analysis Studio
- Employ drilling down and up to different levels of detail
- Apply changes to rows, columns, and measures in the analysis
- Explain how to change the display of data
- Use charts to display data graphically
Nest Data in Crosstabs in Analysis Studio
- Apply depth to rows and columns by nesting data
- Recognize drill behavior in nested rows and columns
- Demonstrate how to swap nested levels
Build Advanced Crosstabs in Analysis Studio
- Demonstrate how to view a complete level of data
- Design a crosstab without retrieving data
- Compare multiple measures
- Apply stacked sets to the crosstab
- Construct an asymmetrical crosstab
- Compose a custom sort
Focus with Filters in Analysis Studio
- Apply filters using expressions
- Apply filters using the Context area
- Create top and bottom lists
- Use several techniques to remove rows and columns
Extend the Analysis
- Apply summary calculations
- Apply item-based calculations
- Practice ranking items
- Demonstrate how to customize the report display
Manage Content in IBM Cognos Connection
- Schedule and manage reports
- View lineage information
- Add comments to saved output
- Personalize and organize content
- Set alerts and watch rules
- Design a portal page and dashboard
- Set permissions using IBM Cognos BI groups and roles
This is a Basic course for Business Authors.
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by completing this form. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate people with different availabilities.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.