Please Note: Analysis Studio will not be available after version 10.2.2 - thus, we are recommending that our clients transition to Cognos Workspace Advanced. Please follow this link for the official announcement by IBM regarding Query Studio’s deprecation. Cognos Workspace Advanced delivers the same ad-hoc reporting functionalities as Query Studio, and more.
You must be a registered/logged in user to have an ability to manage your wishlist. Register/login here.
IBM Cognos Query Studio: Build Ad-Hoc Reports (V10.1/10.2) is a one-day, instructor-led and instructor-led on-line course designed for business authors who want to learn how to create, modify and organize ad hoc reports. This course covers how to use different report capabilities, how to graphically display data, and how to create reports with a consistent look and feel through the use of templates. The course also covers basic administrative tasks, such as scheduling reports and delivering reports in different formats (e.g. HTML, PDF, Excel).
Please Note: Query Studio will not be available after version 10.2.2 - thus, we are recommending that our clients transition to Cognos Workspace Advanced. Please follow this link for the official announcement by IBM regarding Query Studio’s deprecation. Cognos Workspace Advanced delivers the same ad-hoc reporting functionalities as Query Studio, and more.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- Discuss IBM Cognos and Performance Management
- Describe IBM Cognos BI components
- Describe IBM Cognos architecture at a high level
- Define IBM Cognos BI groups and roles
Introduction to Query Studio
- List the packages available for reporting
- Understand report types
- Add and save data to ad hoc reports
- View data by using charts
Create Reports in Query Studio
- Create list, grouped list, and crosstab reports
- List the charts available and their appropriate use
- Calculate and sort report data
- Define a custom group to create your own report
- Use shared dimensions to create multi-fact queries
Enhance Reports in Query Studio
- Highlight report items using conditional styles
- Focus the scope of a report using filters
- Format report objects
- Apply a report template
End to End Workshop
- Create a grouped list report
- Filter data based on revenue and order year
- Add a prompt to view sales of selected sales representatives
- Format the report
- Create a crosstab report
- Add a chart to the crosstab report
- Generate report outputs
Manage Content in IBM Cognos Connection
- Schedule and manage reports
- View lineage information
- Add comments to saved output
- Personalize and organize content
- Set alerts and watch rules
- Design a portal page and dashboard
- Set permissions using IBM Cognos BI groups and roles
This intermediate course is intended for business authors.
- Knowledge of their business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows and Web functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by completing this form. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate people with different availabilities.