This course is an Introductory-level WBT that teaches consumers how to extend the benefits and capabilities of IBM Cognos BI to business users who prefer to work with Microsoft Office. Through interactive learning activities, students will learn how to import reports and report elements from IBM Cognos Connection to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word. Students will also learn how to publish IBM Cognos-enabled workbooks, presentations, and documents to IBM Cognos Connection, and run entries in IBM Cognos Connection using IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office.
Please Note: Screen captures and simulations in this course are taken from the V10.1 of the product. However, the concepts, procedures, and tasks are all applicable to a V10.2 environment and are suitable for V10.2 user education.
Course Length: 0.25 day(s)
Course Price: $100 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Introduction to IBM Cognos Business Insight
- What is IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office?
- Access IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office
- Choose the appropriate work area
- View Reports
Import IBM Cognos BI Content into Microsoft Office
- Import IBM Cognos BI report elements into Microsoft Excel
- Import IBM Cognos BI report elements into Microsoft PowerPoint
- Import IBM Cognos BI report rlements into Microsoft Word
Managing Content in IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office Reports
- Use Prompts to focus report content
- Set custom property values for prompts
- Refresh content in Microsoft Office documents
Save, Publish, and Open Microsoft Office Documents
- Save, publish and open Microsoft Office documents
- Open IBM Cognos Connection from a Microsoft Office application
This basic course is for Consumers
You should have:
- Experience using a Web browser
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.