IBM Cognos Disclosure Management (V10.2) is a three-day, instructor-led course designed to teach accounting professionals to create, manage, and administer financial reports and workflows. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, participants will create and generate a report and configure the CDM application. Dashboards, views, and the yearly rollover are also covered.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $2100 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Introduction to IBM Cognos Disclosure Management
- describe IBM Cognos Disclosure Management (CDM)
- identify the functionality of CDM
- create a CDM report
Create and Edit Objects
- create an object hierarchy
- populate objects with data
- import and export objects
- configure settings from the object tree
- add a shared object
Add Content to Objects
- create data source connections and data source queries
- add content to Microsoft Excel objects
- describe and create variables
- add content to PowerPoint objects
Generate the Report
- generate an entire report
- generate selected objects
- create a snapshot
Perform Additional Configuration
- configure workflow templates
- create custom groups
- create checklists
- view reference variables
- describe the progress report
- use the audit trail
- view orphan variables, user workflow assignments, and snapshots
Perform Rollover and Cascade
- roll a report forward
- cascade a report
- push down objects from source reports to cascaded reports
- view fixed dashboards
- create custom dashboards
- describe role-based entitlements and group functionality
- add application users and groups
- associate users to groups
- configure application and report permissions
- view object check-in and check-out status
- define an import source and import users and groups
Supplementary Information (Optional)
- additional resources
- object variables in IBM Cognos Disclosure Management
This intermediate course is intended for business authors.
- Knowledge of their business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows and Web functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by completing this form. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate people with different availabilities.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.