IBM SPSS Statistics: Ordinal Regression, GLM and Hierarchical Modeling (V19) is a one day instructor-led course that provides a practical, application-oriented introduction to some of the advanced statistical methods available in IBM SPSS Statistics for data analysts and researchers. Students will review several advanced statistical techniques and discuss situations in which each technique would be used, the assumptions made by each method, how to set up the analysis, as well as how to interpret the results. Students will gain an understanding of when and why to use these various techniques as well as how to apply them with confidence and interpret their output.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Explain the basic theory and assumptions of ordinal regression
- Specify an ordinal regression analysis and interpret model fit, coefficients and model accuracy
- Describe the key features of the Ordinal Regression procedure
Generalized Linear Models
- Explain the use of the exponential family of distributions and a link function and how these differential a generalized linear model from a general linear model
- Specify a Generalized Linear Model analysis and interpret the resulting output
- Check model assumptions and predictions
Linear Mixed Models
- Explain the general principles of a linear mixed model approach to data analysis
- Specify a Linear Mixed Model analysis and interpret the resulting output, building successive models of greater complexity
This advanced course is for:
- Anyone who has worked with IBM SPSS Statistics and wants to become better versed in the more advanced statistical capabilities.
- Anyone who has a solid understanding of statistics and wants to expand their knowledge of appropriate statistical procedures and how to set them up using IBM SPSS Statistics.
- Analysts and Modelers
You should have:
- On the job statistical experience or completion of the Introduction to Statistical Analysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics course and/or Intermediate-level statistics oriented courses.
- Knowledge of basic statistics, including linear regression.
- IBM SPSS Statistics Standard, IBM SPSS Statistics Professional, IBM SPSS Statistics Premium.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples.
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.