Data Management and Manipulation with IBM SPSS Statistics is a two day course on the use of a wide range of transformation techniques, ways to automate data preparation work, manipulate data files and analytical results. Students will gain an understanding of the various options for controlling the IBM SPSS Statistics operating environment and how to perform data transformations efficiently.This course uses the IBM SPSS Statistics Base features.
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1400 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
Helpful Data Management Features
- Read from a database using the Database Wizard
- Customize variable attributes
- Compare datasets
- Use Variable Sets
- Rename datasets
- Identify the need to cleanse and enrich data
- Identify the general form of a function
- Use statistical functions
- Use logical functions
- Use missing value functions
- Use conversion functions
- Use system variables
Additional Data Transformations
- Use Automatic Recode to recode string variables into numeric variables
- Use Count Values within Cases to count values across variables
Set the Unit of Analysis
- Remove duplicate cases
- Create aggregated datasets
- Restructure datasets
- Add cases from one dataset to another
- Add variables from one dataset to another
- Enrich a dataset with aggregated information
Analyze Multiple Response Questions
- Describe the two ways to encode a multiple response set
- Define multiple response sets
- Use the Multiple Response Frequencies and Crosstabs procedures
Edit Tables and Charts
- Use the features of the Pivot Table Editor
- Create and apply customized TableLooks
- Use the features of the Chart Editor
- Create and apply customized chart templates
Introduction to the Output Management System
- Explain Output Types
- Specify an OMS request to suppress output
- Specify an OMS request to export output
Automate IBM SPSS Statistics
- Describe and use the features of the Syntax Editor
- Make simple changes to syntax
- Describe and use the features of the Production Facility dialog box
- Run a simple production job
- Describe the use of external programming languages with Statistics
Control the IBM SPSS Statistics Environment
- Describe the features of the Options dialog box
- Reset the display of variables
- Set the default working data folders
- Change transformation options for variables
This advanced course is intended for:
- Anyone who has worked with IBM SPSS Statistics and wants to explore additional data management and manipulation features of IBM SPSS Statistics and generally increase their efficiency with IBM SPSS Statistics.
- Anyone who has learned the basic operations of IBM SPSS Statistics on their own.
You should complete:
- Completion of the Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics course or experience with IBM SPSS Statistics (Version 18 or later) including familiarity with defining data, basic uses of Recode and Compute transformations, the Frequencies, Descriptives, and Crosstabs procedures, and creating and editing tables and charts.
You should have:
- General computer literacy
No statistical background is necessary.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.