This syntax course focuses on powerful data transformations (only available in syntax - not in the GUI) and on automation. For automation, the two main topical areas are Macros and the Production Facility. The Macro language is discussed in detail, with examples showing how Macros can make your syntax more efficient, more transparent and easier. The discussion of the Production Facility shows how syntax files can be scheduled in the Windows environment (the same applies to other operating systems).
Course Length: 2 day(s)
Course Price: $1400 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Syntax for file operations
- Merging files
- Aggregating files
- Restructuring files
- Syntax using functions in transformations
- String functions
- Date and Time functions
- Statistical functions
- Missing value functions
- Powerful transformations
- Repeating transformations across numerous variables
- The LOOP command
- The VECTOR command
- Combining the LOOP and VECTOR commands
- The idea of a macro
- Debugging a macro
- Using arguments
- Loop structures
- Conditional processing of commands
- Working with string macro-variables
- General recommendations on handling macros
- The Production facility
- Introduction to production jobs
- How to run a production job
- How to schedule a production job
- The Output Management System (OMS) facility
- Introduction to OMS
- Using OMS to save output as a data file
- Practical examples of OMS
This intermediate course is for a natural follow-on to the introductory SPSS Statistics Syntax I course and is for experienced users wishing to become proficient syntax programmers.
You should have:
- A knowledge of syntax on the level of SPSS Statistics Syntax I, experience in using syntax and a feeling for programming.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples.
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by reaching out to us directly at email@example.com. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate individuals with different availabilities.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.