This course (formerly Predicting Continuous Targets Using IBM SPSS Modeler (v16)) provides an overview of how to use IBM SPSS Modeler to predict a target field that describes numeric values. Students will be exposed to rule induction models such as CHAID and C&R Tree. They will also be introduced to traditional statistical models such as Linear Regression. Machine learning models will also be presented. Business use case examples include: predicting the length of subscription (for newspapers, telecommunication, job length, and so forth) and predicting claim amount (insurance).
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Introduction to predicting continuous targets
- List three modeling objectives
- List two business questions that involve predicting continuous targets
- Explain the concept of field measurement level and its implications for selecting a modeling technique
- List three types of models to predict continuous targets
- Determine the classification model to use
Building your tree interactively
- Explain how CHAID grows a tree
- Explain how C&R Tree grows a tree
- Build CHAID and C&R Tree models interactively
- Evaluate models for continuous targets
- Use the model nugget to score records
Building your tree directly
- Customize two options in the CHAID node
- Customize two options in the C&R Tree node
- List one difference between CHAID and C&R Tree
Using traditional statistical models
- Explain key concepts for Linear
- Customize one option in the Linear node
- Explain key concepts for Cox
- Customize one option in the Cox node
Using machine learning models
- Explain key concepts for Neural Net
- Customize one option in the Neural Net node
IBM SPSS Modeler Analysts who have completed the Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Mining course who want to become familiar with the modeling techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler to predict a continuous target.
- Experience using IBM SPSS Modeler, including familiarity with the IBM SPSS Modeler environment, creating streams, importing data (Var. File node), basic data preparation (Type node, Derive node, Select node), reporting (Table node, Data Audit node), and creation of models.
- Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Mining (v18)
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.