Advanced Data Preparation Using IBM SPSS Modeler (v18) covers advanced topics to aid in the preparation of data for a successful data mining project. Students will learn how to use functions, deal with missing values, use advanced field operations, handle sequence data, apply advanced sampling methods, and improve efficiency.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
Using functions to cleanse and enrich data
- Use date functions
- Use conversion functions
- Use string functions
- Use statistical functions
- Use missing value functions
Using additional field transformations
- Replace values with the Filler node
- Recode continuous fields with the Binning node
- Change a field’s distribution with the Transform node
Working with Sequence Data
- Use cross-record functions
- Count an event across records
- Expand a continuous field into a series of continuous fields with the Restructure node
- Use geospatial and time data with the Space-Time-Boxes node
Sampling, partitioning and balancing data
- Draw simple and complex samples with the Sample node
- Create a training set and testing set with the Partition node
- Reduce or boost the number of records with the Balance node
- Use database scalability by SQL pushback
- Process outliers and missing values with the Data Audit node
- Use the Set Globals node
- Use parameters
- Use looping and conditional execution
This advanced course is intended for anyone who wishes to become familiar with the full range of techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler for data manipulation.
- General computer literacy
- Experience using IBM SPSS Modeler including familiarity with the Modeler environment, creating streams, reading data files, exploring data, setting the unit of analysis, combining datasets, deriving and reclassifying fields, and basic knowledge of modeling.
- Prior completion of Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Mining (v18) is recommended.
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
Students can receive the same high-quality training, with the same courseware at their own speed and schedule with SPVC. Individuals with busy schedules can complete a course over a 30-day timeframe at a lower price than in-class or ILO courses. Please note that there is no live interaction with an instructor in this format.