Advanced Data Preparation Using IBM SPSS Modeler (V16) covers advanced topics to aid in the preparation of data for a successful data mining project. Students will learn how to use functions, deal with missing values, use advanced field operations, handle sequence data, apply advanced sampling methods, and improve efficiency.
Course Length: 1 day(s)
Course Price: $700 CAD
Available Course Formats:
- Instructor Led Online
- Self-Paced Virtual Classroom
- Use date functions
- Use conversion functions
- Use string functions
- Use statistical functions
- Use missing value functions
- Use the Filler node to replace values
- Use the Binning node to recode continuous fields
- Use the transform node to change a field's distribution
Working with Sequence Data
- Use cross-record functions
- Use the Count mode in the Derive node
- Use the Restructure node to expand a continuous field into a series of continuous fields
- Use the Space-Time-Boxes node to work with geospatial and time data
- Use the Sample node to draw simple and complex samples
- Draw complex samples
- Partition the data into a training and a testing set
- Reduce or boost the number of records
- Use database scalability by SQL pushback
- Use the Data Audit node to process outliers and missing values
- Use the Set Globals node
- Use parameters
- Use looping and conditional execution
This advanced course is for IBM SPSS Modeler Analysts and IBM SPSS Modeler Data Experts who want to become familiar with the full range of techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler for data manipulation.
You should have:
- General computer literacy
- Some experience using IBM SPSS Modeler, including a familiarity with the IBM SPSS Modeler environment, creating streams, reading data files, doing sample data exploration, and manipulation using the Derive node
- Prior completion of Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Mining is recommended
Instructor Led In Classroom
Newcomp can directly deliver IBM Business Analytics courses for Business Intelligence, Performance Management, and IBM Advanced Analytics through the use of in-class training facilities.
Currently, in-class courses are offered in Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Halifax, and Edmonton. Please note that classes can be added to new areas based on demand.
Instructor Led Online
Students receive the same quality as an in-class course, with a live instructor and the ability to participate in hands-on labs through real-life examples
ILOs help cut costs by reducing time and travel as they can be taken from home or the office and require only the use of a computer, high-speed wired internet and a headset.
This course is available on-demand: request a specific course, location, time frame and/or format by completing this form. This offering increases schedule flexibility and allows us to accommodate people with different availabilities.
On-site courses can also be customized based on user roles and needs within your organization. This option allows lower costs in travel and time and increased flexibility in scheduling. This format also enables students to work with the organization's data - adding value to the learning experience. This makes the training relevant and applicable to the students; daily tasks and therefore, results in a quicker path to productivity.